Monday, July 24, 2017

BOOK TAG: Mid-Year Book Freak Out

A Look at What I’ve Been Reading This Year

I saw that Quinn at Quinn's Book Nook did this tag and, since I'm trying to get back into the habit of blogging again, I thought this would be a great way to showcase what I've been reading since March.

1. Best book you’ve read so far in 2017

Fullmetal Alchemist (3-in-1 Edition), Vol. 9
Fullmetal Alchemist is such an engrossing and poignant series that I have to give the honor to the concluding volumes.

2. Best sequel you’ve read so far in 2017

Devil in Spring (The Ravenels, #3)
I was a little nervous about this book because of my love for Devil in Winter, but Kleypas did a wonderful job.

3. New release you haven’t read yet, but want to

The Girl with the Make-Believe Husband (Rokesbys, #2)
It is very weird to me that I haven't gotten around to reading this yet, but I am on the waiting list at my library so hopefully I'll get it soon.

4. Most anticipated release for the second half of the year

Archangel's Viper (Guild Hunter, #10)
I am obsessed with Singh's Guild Hunter series now and cannot wait to see Viper take center stage.


5. Biggest disappointment

Rock Wedding (Rock Kiss, #4)
I liked this, but found the communication issues between the characters to be annoying.  I also never felt like the hero groveled enough to earn the heroine back.

6. Biggest surprise

The Day of the Duchess (Scandal & Scoundrel, #3)
Because of the way the hero treated the heroine in the first book of the series, I wasn't sure if Sarah MacLean would be able to redeem him.  But, she did so in a magnificent way!

7. Favorite new author. (Debut or new to you)

The Soldier's Scoundrel (The Turner Series, #1) The Lawrence Browne Affair (The Turner Series, #2) The Ruin of a Rake (The Turner Series, #3)
I loved all three books in this trilogy and will definitely be on the look-out for more of Cat Sebastian's work in the future.


8. Newest fictional crush 

Managed (VIP, #2)
I am usually not into alpha heroes, but Gabriel Scott's vulnerabilities just worked so well for me.


9. Newest favorite character

Yona of the Dawn, Vol. 1

I love watching Yona transform herself from a spoiled, naive princess to a tough, but gentle woman who is determined to fix her kingdom's problems.

10. Book that made you cry

The Day of the Duchess (Scandal & Scoundrel, #3)
Malcolm and Seraphina's story was very emotional and there definitely were times that I had to put the book down to grab a tissue.

11. Book that made you happy

My Hero Academia, Vol. 1 (My Hero Academia, #1) Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 8 (Ouran High School Host Club, #8)
Both of these series are hilarious and always put a smile on my face.

12. Favorite book to film adaptation you saw this year

Wonder Woman: The Official Movie Novelization
My favorite movie of the year so far!

13. Favorite review you’ve written this year

N/A

14. Most beautiful book you’ve bought so far this year (or received)

Devil in Spring (The Ravenels, #3)
A beautiful dress paired with a gorgeous background...what more do I need?

15. What books do you need to read by the end of the year?

Allegiance of Honor (Psy-Changeling #15)
I am a little behind in the Psy-Changeling series and need to get caught up.

Into the Fire (Night Prince, #4)
This is the last Night Prince book and, while I'm excited, I also don't want it to end.

1 comment:

  1. oh what great answers to the mid year book tag...wasn't this so much fun to do?

    First off, I have missed you darling, and glad to see you slowly coming back to blogging.

    Into The Fire was simply fantastic!! I also had fun with Gabriel in Managed, glad to see that you did too.

    I have had Cat Sebastian on my radar, but haven't read many thoughts on these books, so if you liked them, than I just know I need to grab them up.

    Hope you are well and enjoying your summer! :)

    Toodles

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.